Extended Care Facility
"Where Our House Can Be Your Home"
Located adjacent to Washington County Regional Medical Center, our 60 bed facility has the added conveniences
of a hospital based long term care center with direct access to the hospital lab,
radiology, respiratory, and therapy departments. Our 60 bed facility includes 32
private rooms and 14 semi private rooms. We accept residents with Medicare,
Medicaid and private pay.
Our services include:
- Skilled nursing care 24 hours a day.
- Quality, personalized care provided by Certified Nursing Assistants
with 25 or more years of experience at ECF.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy provided by Hospital Rehab Services. We also offer an ongoing Restorative program for continued
- Activities provided for group and individual socialization on a daily basis.
- Social Services to meet the individual needs of our residents.
- Community involvement with local churches, schools and civic
organizations. ECF was awarded first place by the Georgia Nursing Home
Association for Special Community Involvement and third place for Total
Community Involvement for 2004-2005.
- Volunteers who graciously give of their time and talents on an ongoing basis.
WCRMC Volunteers were awarded 2004-2005 Volunteer Group of the Year by the Georgia
Nursing Home Association. Volunteer, Margie Fessler was awarded 2004-2005
Volunteer of the Year for ECF by GNHA.
- Volunteer Pastors who visit weekly, provide worship services on Sunday,
and serve as volunteer chaplains when needed.
- Registered dietician on staff to provide meals with the residents likes
and dislikes in mind as well as the individual medical need of the each resident.
Alternative meals and snacks between meals are provided.
- An active family and resident council.
- Daily housekeeping and laundry services.
- A beautiful garden and patio built and maintained by the WCRMC Volunteers.
A goldfish pond and fountain, birdfeeders, and a vegetable garden furnished by
the "Giving Back to the Community"
Extended Care Facility Staff:
Medical Director, Jean Sumner, MD
Attending Physician, Kim Kitchens, MD
Administrator, Nicole S. Massengale, RN, LNHA
Director of Nursing, Stacey H. Williford, RN
Social Service Director, Ashley T. Gheesling
Activity Director, Whitney Youngblood